Dandelions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the wanderers may leave their mark

+4
Skaia
Aelin
Faust
Arch
8 posters

Vladek515
    Vladek515

Character Sheets
    HP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 8cSzOsm120/120Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (120/120)
    MP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 GiHlPdO50/50Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (50/50)
    AP: 30

Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 Empty Re: Avatar: Lost Legends

Post by Vladek515 Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:19 pm

Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 Q08jegw
    The spirit he had attacked with his fire daggers dissipated,he heard a warning and another firebender blasted past him to the next spirit he was to take care off, it was nice to know that he wouldn't be fighting alone. He noticed that others had started to battle the spirits too, benders from all of the nations. "Thanks..." Lee said to the girl that had joined him, the spirit retaliated against her and before he could block the shards flew around him and hit her. More fire flew past his face as the girl destroyed the spirit, Lee turned to the cluster of spirits with most of them being taken out one by one, he closed in on the last one standing and let out a gout of fire from his fist launching it at the creature.

Lee attacked Spirit 3
    Faust
    Faust

Post by Faust Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:44 pm

Looking around the hall Ishii noticed that the majority of the spirits seemed to have dissipated leaving only one in front of him. Taking a deep calming breath as he tried to square himself looking at the face of the shadowy figure. Looking directly at the creature directly was starting to unnerve him. Trying his best to keep his cool he sent to water he had used to heal a fellow water bender before to now whip forward, lashing out awkwardly at it hoping that his.

Ishii attacks wraith number 3
    Rienzel

Character Sheets
    HP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 8cSzOsm150/150Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (150/150)
    MP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 GiHlPdO26/26Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (26/26)
    AP: 42

Post by Rienzel Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:48 pm

As each smokey wraith was dealt damage by the benders, it slinked backward toward the main cloud, and was replaced with another. Try as they might, the airbenders attempting to disperse it were making no headway. The smoke seemed to replace itself as soon as it was pushed away. The wraiths began to congregate around the stage, trying to deal with the four nation leaders. Yet for all their numbers, they were unable to actually defeat them.

Chief Darran was like a bear. His stance was firm and imposing. Each time a spirit moved in his direction to make an attack, it was met with a torrent of water that destroyed any hope it had of its offense ever connecting. His attacks were strong, powerful, and without an ounce of hesitation.

In contrast, Earth King Guo had an incredibly fluid, if unusual fighting style. He firmly gripped both arms behind his back, seemingly relying solely on his feet for his control over the earth. And yet even with that, he never took a step. With long, sweeping motions he erected curved archways of earth. As his foot and the woven arch reached the ground, it moved beneath his foot to reposition him and he repeated the action with his mirrored leg. Every so often, the earth fired spat up a platform to launch him into the air. With a spin, a set of twin arches erupted from the ground, weaving and passing beneath each other. As he approached the ground once more, the spinning sweep of his legs went from verticle to horizontal. At his command, the archways followed suit and spiraled into a massive ground-level attack.

Firelord Wu was at first glance, not much different from any other firebender. He simply fired off shots of fire at the spirits, but to the trained eye his movements were much more than that. He broached a wide stance, he arms at opposite ends to attack from all angles. His form contracted, an inhale entered his mouth, and a step was taken. Another shot of flames. With every move, his whole body was perfectly in synch. Each step led into the next. A low crouch. A forward craning strike. A spin into a two-handed strike. Each movement had intent behind it, and lined itself up perfectly for the next.

Sister Laan had become all but untouchable. A myriad of air small air spheres surrounded her. Each one moved independently of any others. To guard, to strike, it mattered not. Between her ring, she had all but detached herself from the fight entirely. Once suitably prepared, she encircled a wraith in the orbs and contracted them upon it. It was battered with by a hurricane moving in every direction at once. As it fell to the ground. two others swooped in to carry it away back into the smoke.

"We must retreat! We've sorely underestimated them..." Called a voice from within the smoke. At once, the wraiths retreated into the cloud and it widened, filling nearly an entire city block outside the palace before moving outward to the edge of Ba Sing Se.

"Find them. Do not let them escape!" Guo barked at his guards who nodded and ran off out the door. He rubbed his temples, clearly annoyed at the entire situation. "I'm too young for this..." He muttered to himself.

"Wh-what do you intend to do? How do you intend to capture spirits?" A frightened water-tribe chef said, having finally worked up the courage to peer out from behind the table. "I mean, aren't they supposed to be otherworldly?"

"Spirits? Is that what you think those were?" Asked Sister Laan.

"What else could they be?! I've never seen bending like that! The smoke and the glass...It...It wasn't normal!" He cried.

"Hogwash! Those were no spirits! The shout to retreat sounded as human a voice as any I've ever heard." Darran barked. He trudged over to the cowering chef. "Don't go filling anyone's heads with that nonsense ever again! Do I make myself clear?!" Meekly, the chef nodded. "And you-" His head shot toward Atia. "It's been a year since I've seen you and the first thing you make me worry about is whether or not you're about to get yourself killed! That stunt was far too reckless! If it hadn't been for this young man here...Who knows what would've happened!"

"Chief, that's enough!" Guo called out to him. "They helped defend my palace, my city, and our lives. For now, they are my honored guests with the same authority here as you, and I will not have you speaking to them thusly under any circumstances while in my city. Am I clear?" Darran sighed and regained his composure.

"My apologies. That was very unprofessional of me."

"Still though, the guy does have a point. If that was bending, it's new. No one here has ever seen anything like it. Though it's still just a theory, spirits do seem to be the most likely until we've got another lead." Wu rubbed his chin in thought.

"They were not spirits."

"Either way, an attack like that can't be overlooked. If they're not spirits, we'll find out who they are. But if it is true...Well, that could be a little trickier..." He turned to the group, fresh from combat. "And what do you all think? You saw them just as close as anyone else. Maybe you've got some insight we overlooked."    
    Aelin
    Aelin

Character Sheets
    HP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 8cSzOsm80/80Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (80/80)
    MP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 GiHlPdO34/34Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (34/34)
    AP: 58

Post by Aelin Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:26 pm

Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 U92k3Xf
    As the spirits around them cleared, Atia took a staggering step forward towards the sound of the debating leaders of the nations, her fathers voice prominent among them. It didn't take long before her father turned to her and spoke, and while Atia would normally just roll her eyes, instead she walked towards her father, taking the brunt of his lecture. "I know dad. I didn't think it would go that poorly." Atia admitted, she was too hurt to be in the mood to fight with her father, instead she gave him a hug. He was the leader of their nation, she should have known that he could protect himself and shouldn't have worried about him, but she did anyways. While her father apologized for being unprofessional, Atia didn't care, as her dad had said, they hadn't seen each other in a year. "I just wanted to get to you, make sure that you were okay." After admitting that quietly to just her father.

Atia stepped away dusting herself off and trying to appear more professional like she knew that she should. She looked and listened to the other leaders talk. When the Fire Lord turned to them, Atia held her head a high still. She was intimidated by him, but Mara taught her never to let that show, not when you didn't want to appear weak. "Whatever they were, they weren't humans. There is no bodies, yet they still did plenty of damage and we could hurt them. Perhaps some sort of warped air bending? Smoke made to take some sort of form?" Atia suggested just trying to offer any sort of answer, and preferably one that would match her fathers thinking. She did agree, spirits like that, it just couldn't be possible. What they were though, she barely knew anything of air bending, it was a shot in the dark really.
    Skaia
    Skaia

Character Sheets
    HP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 8cSzOsm0/0Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (0/0)
    MP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 GiHlPdO0/0Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (0/0)
    AP:

Post by Skaia Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:14 pm

After Lin and the rest of the group had managed to destroy their smoke wraiths, the girl looked over to see the other nation leaders engaged with a much larger group of spirits. Of course, each one was impressive in their own right as they managed to handle each of the spirits with complete ease. But naturally Lin's eyes were drawn towards Wu and his style of fire bending. The girl didn't quite understand why she was as mesmerized by it as she was. Why she felt like there was something fundamentally different about his. And why she felt like her own firebending was so underwhelming in comparison. His movements and fire itself all left with her with a complete sense of awe.

When the spirits had retreated the conversation went to their nature, and being still awestruck as she was, Lin was shocked as the nation leaders referred to her and the others. Getting into a much more stiff posture, Lin looked directly at the four only to then immediately break her stance and bring a hand to her chin. "Well, I uh, don't really know anything about spirits. Or anything specific...I don't think I've ever seen one either...uh..." The girl looked back towards the Firelord, immediately going back to attention, only to then relax as she looked at the water bender who had answered first. Putting her hand to her chin again she said, "but they also shot glass and stuff, and I don't think glass is a type of air..." The girl trailed off as she fruitlessly tried to think more about the spirits they had just encountered.
    CrownMoksha
    CrownMoksha

Character Sheets
    HP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 8cSzOsm100/100Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (100/100)
    MP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 GiHlPdO54/54Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (54/54)
    AP: 34

Post by CrownMoksha Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:06 pm

After they had managed to deal with their smaller group of wraiths, the unending force of them were met with the full power of the various nation leaders. Jin's own eyes were focused on the earth king and the unique style of bending that he displayed. Naturally, it was impressive given that it was the earth king, but was stuck out more was the contrast between his style of bending.

With everything calming down somewhat the focus turned to the matter of what exactly it was that they fought with them being the center of attention. He himself didn't have much to contribute to the discussion right away and instead spoke after both the fire and water bender answered. "Maybe they were something else entirely" he started, glancing towards the water tribe chief, remembering his firm stance against them being spirits. "not quite spirits, but maybe something else entirely."
    cstar
    cstar
    Admin

Character Sheets
    HP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 8cSzOsm110/110Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (110/110)
    MP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 GiHlPdO46/46Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (46/46)

Post by cstar Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:00 pm

Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 YFsdIwy
    "I-I don't think they were spirits." The airbender finally spoke up. Her voice wasn't soft out of a sense of shyness, but it was softer out of a lack of confidence, going against the general vibes of the group. Shiwa cleared her throat to try and bring back a little bit of confidence to herself before speaking up, "I think the whole thing was very strange, but I have a hard time believing it was more than a well executed plan with some stage show tricks going on." She moved her hands around trying to figure out how to work what she next wanted to say, like she needed to physically grasp at the words before being able to say them. It was a slow moment of 'uhs' and 'ums' before she finally said, "There was just... not that kind of energy in here?" Shiwa got worried she wasn't making sense and looked between everyone looking for some sort of connecting understanding before staring at Sister Laan hoping at least she knew what she meant.
    Rienzel

Character Sheets
    HP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 8cSzOsm150/150Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (150/150)
    MP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 GiHlPdO26/26Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (26/26)

Post by Rienzel Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:03 pm

Chief Darran sighed as his anger began to subside and he returned the hug to his daughter. "You have to be more careful..." He said calmly. "You're not the one to succeed me, but that doesn't mean you aren't important."

The other leaders meanwhile listened to the recounts of the group with intent. Firelord Wu put a bent finger to his mouth. "A divided opinion huh? Well, I guess that's to be expected. This isn't exactly something we've ever encountered before. I guess the only real option then, is to investigate both avenues of possibility."

"And how would you propose we do that, exactly?" Asked the earth king.

"Simple. If they're humans, the collective intelligence of the four nations should sniff them out fairly quickly. We'll head the investigation ourselves. If they're spirits, the Avatar should be able to sort it out. To that end, we'll send a few teams to search for them." Wu looked back to the group. "I'd like to ask you all to be one of them."

"Firelord, with all due respect, that's asking far too much." The earth king said, furrowing his brow. "They're guests, not hired help."

The firelord looked at the sign on the ground near Lin reading 'practiced firebender looking for work.' "Right. Well, it's not as if you can't refuse. I understand that you have your own obligations."

"You'd be sending them into incredible danger! There's not a chance those people won't catch wind of it, and the Avatar entering play can't be anything but bad for whatever it is they hope to achieve! I won't allow it" Barked the chief

"But in the end, it's not our place to decide for them. The offer has already been made, and it's their choice whether they accept it or not. The danger aside, it would be quite the journey for them. They might find something they never expected along the way." Laan shot Shiwa a sideways glance as the corner of the mouth curled into the slightest of smiles. A heavy sigh came from the earth king.

"You needn't decide now. If I may make a recommendation, retire to the rooms that will be prepared for you and talk amongst yourselves. If you choose to indulge the firelord's request, you may find yourselves traveling together for some time. It would be best if you got to know one another."  

cstar likes this post

cstar
    cstar
    Admin

Character Sheets
    HP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 8cSzOsm110/110Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (110/110)
    MP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 GiHlPdO46/46Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (46/46)

Post by cstar Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:08 pm

There was almost a light in her eyes when Laan spoke of adventure. Wait. Was this a test? Shiwa was still under careful watch for her slow growth and rebellious attitude towards staying in the temple anyway. Why would Sister Laan suggest such a thing openly to her? Perhaps it was desperation. Or maybe Laan was already one step ahead of her and knew this was a more perfect teaching tool for her current struggle. Not that Shiwa caught onto that herself. Instead with barely a pause in the conversation or even formal discussion the airbender said, "I'm in!"

Shiwa felt the pause after her remark was long as she returned back the stares and cleared her throat and said, "I-I mean. I will carefully weight our options and dynamic before coming to formal conclusion." That was probably a lie. She was in this no matter what. But when she looked at the others in the group she was secretly hoping someone else had that spark of want for adventure in their eyes.
    Aelin
    Aelin

Character Sheets
    HP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 8cSzOsm80/80Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (80/80)
    MP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 GiHlPdO34/34Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (34/34)

Post by Aelin Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:35 pm

Of course her father didn't want her to go, and Atia could understand that. The whole concept was scary, just that fight was hard and left her injured. She couldn't say that she was confident in this entire adventure, but she couldn't do nothing. Atia looked at her father, his anger towards the idea, but then she looked back to Mara who stood quietly in the background. Her father was right, she was no ones heir, but she had been training with Mara to at least be worthy of helping her brother when the time came. Their father wouldn't always be around and she couldn't just hide in the village whenever something went wrong. She could learn to do more, be more. This just wasn't what she was prepared for on that front. "I will consider it and talk it over with the others and the chiefs of my tribe. Thank you for your generosity." Atia nodded towards the earth king before looking to her father and Mara. It was probably best to see if she could even work with this group of people before she spoke to either, and she wanted to know Mara's opinion more since she already knew her fathers. But that would come later, first introductions seemed to be in order. "It is nice to meet you all. I am Atia, daughter of Chief Darran." She turned to the others in with a bit of an uncertain smile.
    Vladek515
    Vladek515

Character Sheets
    HP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 8cSzOsm120/120Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (120/120)
    MP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 GiHlPdO50/50Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (50/50)
    AP: 30

Post by Vladek515 Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:35 pm

Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 Q08jegw
    They had beaten back those things and Lee looked at the leaders destroying those that came at them, he admired Firelord Wu's style, he felt honoured to be able to behold this. Their opponents retreated and a discussion about the nature of their foe was started there were a few viewpoints but he felt completely unqualified to offer his own perspective. He hadn't even expected to do any fighting while at the Conclave, he felt a little bad that he was unable to give the Firelord an answer, but he recognised he was out of his element, he had to admit the airbender sounded about right to him.

The leaders discussed more and requested their help in the endeavor of investigating this. He bowed to the Firelord who had made the request. "I am honoured that you would ask me to serve and will gladly do so." Lee said respectfully adressing the Firelord, it amused him that the once in a life time opportunity. He would have to inform the magistrate that he would not be returning home quite yet. He wasn't too much of a fighter but he would do the Firelord proud. The girl that had been beaten up so badly introduced herself as Atia daughter of one of the Water Tribe chiefs, he hadn't realised he was in such high ranking company. "I'm Lee, it is nice to meet you too." Lee said, he didn't bother with who his father was as he doubted anyone but the magistrate would know who he was.
    Skaia
    Skaia

Character Sheets
    HP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 8cSzOsm0/0Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (0/0)
    MP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 GiHlPdO0/0Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (0/0)
    AP:

Post by Skaia Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:50 pm

Lin continued to think on the spirit problem, unsure what to make of it. However, her train of thought was derailed as her excitement reached peak levels. "Of course I'll search for them!" The girl shouted without any hesitation. She had been looking for work here, sure, but never in her wildest dreams did she think that she would've ended up working for the fire lord directly. And to find the Avatar no less! This was an important job from an important job giver so it was important that Lin do it with the utmost urgency and skill! "Don't worry, I'll find the Avatar fast as fire, swift as lightning, quick as uh...a rabbit?"

As the girl tried to think of more things to say, she then realized that she was to be working with other people, people who as well seemed to be just as gung ho for this request as she was. Waving with a smile on her face, excitement still present on her face, the girl said, "nice to meet you all too. The name's Lin." As she said this, the girl then paused for a moment thinking of something else before adding, "I look forward to working with all of you." The girl nodded to herself, pleased with her etiquette, completely missing who Aita was.
    Faust
    Faust

Post by Faust Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:19 am

After the fight had ended ishii had needed a moment to calm his heart as it had been racing during the entire fight. That had been the first real fight he had ever been in and the rush of adrenaline was a bit overwhelming to him. when he had felt sufficiently calmed down the others had started a discussion with the leaders of elemental nations about what they faced if they were spirits given he had spent most of time just reading he felt he had nothing really to add as he had an idea about them from myths.

As the others began deciding on whether they would help in the leader's request Ishii knew what he wanted to do even if it terrified him. Giving a deep bow to the leaders he almost started spilling some of the contents of his bag in doing so as he stuttered out “I-i would be ha-ppy to help out any way I could.” turning back to the others that he had been fighting with bowing once again “I am Ishii. I might not be great at fighting but I'm confident in my healing if you would have me.”
    CrownMoksha
    CrownMoksha

Character Sheets
    HP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 8cSzOsm100/100Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (100/100)
    MP:
    Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 GiHlPdO54/54Avatar: Lost Legends - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (54/54)

Post by CrownMoksha Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:55 pm

It wasn't much of a surprise that there was a lack of a consensus regarding the creatures that they had just fought off. However being offered a chance to find the avatar, that on the other hand was a complete surprise. Considering that the only thing of note that he's really done in the past few days was deal with a couple of bandits bothering a village he happened to be passing by, searching for the avatar was a complete step up. Still, just as the Earth King had said, he didn't need to come up with an answer right away. He was pretty sure that he already did have his answer, but a little extra thought didn't hurt. "I will be certain to give it some careful consideration." Jin said then looking at the others who had already introduced themselves. "I'm Tai Jin, but feel free to call me Jin."
    Rienzel

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by Rienzel Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:27 pm

The earth king was taken aback by how many had accepted the firelord's offer so quickly. Surely they understood the danger? He opened his mouth to caution them, but the Firelord Wu spoke up before he was able.

"Very well then! It's settled! Get some rest and gather your things. In the morning, gather here and I'll give you your first destination." With that, Wu ushered the group off to their chambers. Guo gave a heavy sigh and rubbed his temples. At this rate, he was going to get gray hair before he was a teenager.

--The Next Day--

As dawn broke in the central hall, it was surprisingly quiet. A stark contrast to yesterday's commotion. The floor had been repaired from its use by the earthbenders present. Guo's winding archways had all been returned to the earth from which they were taken. Without the crowd of thousands from all over the world, it now set in just how large the earth palace actually was. A mirror image of the nation's strength.

"If were willing to attack us here..."

"They've either gravely underestimated us, or they haven't fully shown their hand yet."

The group walked in as the four leaders were deep into a discussion about current events. Laan seemed to be the first to notice them and waved them over. As she did so, the other three turned to the approaching group. "Perfect timing."

"We have some information for you that'll help you on your way." The water chief brought out a map of the continent and began to point to locations on it. "To summarize what we know, the new avatar is an earthbender."

"The previous one was a waterbender, and the cycle has been consistent since time immemorial. Yet, in the few years we've been searching, not a single person has ever been able to identify them. This likely means one of two things. Either they're an earthbender living in a different nation, or they're part of an independant group within the earth kingdom. Both of them are very small possibilities, but out of the two, it's estimated that the independent groups have a larger population. That would be a good place to start."

"The Si Wong Desert would be an excellent first location. In addition to having it's own independent group of earthbenders in the sandbenders, it's also home to a wealth of travelers. If the avatar isn't there, they might be able to lead you to another destination."

"A word of caution though. Be they men or spirits, the ones who attacked yesterday are likely to catch wind of your travels, and are likely to try and stop you. Be on guard, and don't take them lightly. Gather what informaiton you can on them while you're out as a secondary objective. And, good luck. We're counting on you."
    cstar
    cstar
    Admin

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by cstar Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:50 pm

Shiwa had pondered a bit more while resting, but nothing really changed her mind. She was compelled to go on this adventure no matter what. At the mention of heading to the desert, Shiwa realized they were really going to need to supply themselves then ahead of time. But one question stood out in her mind as they continued the conversation and Shiwa said,
    "Um, just one question before we take off?" Shiwa asked this as she pulled out a small notepad out of her bag and something to write with and asked, "How exactly do we identify the Avatar? Like, do rocks stand on their own in their presence or something? I once heard you can pour water on the table in front of them and it forms a perfect circle... but that also sounds ridiculous... so..."
    Rienzel

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by Rienzel Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:59 pm

"I've placed the avatar relics in Bao's saddle. Even as an adult, the avatar should still be drawn to them. If anyone seems particularly drawn to the objects, that's a good indication as to the possibility of them being the avatar. While it's not certain, it's a good start."
    Aelin
    Aelin

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by Aelin Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:22 pm

After being sent to go rest, Atia found her rest had a welcome interruption. A knock at the door revealed that Chief Mara had seemingly followed her back to her chambers.
    "May I come in?"Mara asked from the door way, when she was given the nod of approval she stepped into the chambers. "Sit down on the bed and don't move while I fix you up a bit more and we talk about the choice ahead of you."
    "Yes Ma'am." Atia responded obediently, still seeming to be a bit off from the encounter. "Are you also going to tell me that I shouldn't go? I know I should listen to my dad and all, but..."
    "Don't be ridiculous dear. Mara interrupted Atia before she could finish her thought. "I came here only to see what you wanted to do and to make sure you were prepared to do whatever that was." Atia breathed a sigh of relief before going silent only for a moment.
    "I don't know. I don't think I am suited to this, as much as I want to be."
    "If not you then, who, who would got that we trust to represent the water tribe? The Avatar is the union of all the elements, shouldn't there be representatives from all the elements to find him?" Mara questioned her.
    "Well there is that other guy."
    "A water bender but not a part of our tribe. What of someone to represent us?" It was a good point but still Atia seemed to be trying to talk herself out of this.
    "Esikie would do a better job."
    "True." Mara didn't argue that point "But I don't see him here, do you? And by the time he arrives it might be too late. Not to mention who will lead the tribe. You haven't been home in years, you might find without your fathers backing they won't listen.
    "Then what about my dad?" Atia finally asked. It was her biggest worry. He was immediately against the idea, she didn't want to do anything that would cause problems with him. She already knew that she was stretching it a bit learning from Mara instead of staying home.

"Oh don't worry about him. I will take care of that grumpy bastard."

The next morning when Atia went to meet up with the rest of the group, she was pleasantly surprised at her fathers tone. It had changed since the night before, instead offering helpful insight instead of rebuke against the idea. It still made her a little nervous, but Atia was more ready to go, as she looked to her father then down at the map he carried. She did her best to study it while the situation was being explained, and when it was done there was a mention of someone named Bao. "Um, one question. Who is Bao?"

Last edited by Aelin on Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    cstar
    cstar
    Admin

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by cstar Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:57 pm

Upon hearing Atia's question, Shiwa's eyes lit up and she turned towards the pink haired-girl and said with a smile, "Bao is my air bison. It's gonna be a lot faster to travel in the air than anything else, and Bao is a big boy so he can easily carry all of us plus some supplies. Miiight get a little tough if we put another 3 people on but he once flew the Great Divide with 12 nomads." Shiwa looked among the group cautiously before she ultimately gave up and shrugged, "I don't think any of you would weight too much more than the average air nomad."
    Skaia
    Skaia

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:
    AP:

Post by Skaia Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:10 pm

With the night having passed, Lin's resolve to go on the journey had remained unchanged. If anything the night had made her yet more restless and antsy, wanting to leave right away. As such, the girl didn't seem able to stand still when they were getting their briefing on how they were to locate the avatar. The girl hadn't ever been to a desert before, but she was positive she hadn't heard anything positive about them. All the same, this was a task from the Firelord himself - and the other nation leaders too - so it wasn't like she was going to back down from a little hot sand. Chiming in she said, "don't worry, no matter who would try to stop us, you can count on me to stop them!"

Looking over to the other two that were talking, Lin's eyes went wide at the topic. "Wait you have a Sky Bison? That's awesome." The girl couldn't help but feel a deal of envy at this, having had taken a boat to the earth kingdom and walked the whole time she had been here. Of course, she would still rather ride on the back of a dragon, but a Sky Bison was the next best thing. Nodding her head, the girl then looked to everyone else saying, "alright gang, who's ready to find the Avatar?"
    CrownMoksha
    CrownMoksha

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by CrownMoksha Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:44 pm

Some additional thought was given on whether or not to take this request handed to them, but not enough to ultimately change his decision. Yes it was a chance to see the avatar and the risk of going on such a quest would be many, but perhaps this was exactly what his master wanted him do to. To go out and see the world and multitude of experiences that would await them.

To start it off would be them using an air bison as a means of travel, something he's never seen to begin with let alone ridden one. Jin nodded in affirmation following Lin's question. "Ready and willing, I can't wait to see the Sky Bison in action." Not only that, but seeing everything from up above would be cool too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content