Dandelions

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the wanderers may leave their mark

5 posters

The Twin Dawn

Aelin
    Aelin

Character Sheets
    HP:
    The Twin Dawn - Page 2 8cSzOsm80/80The Twin Dawn - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (80/80)
    MP:
    The Twin Dawn - Page 2 GiHlPdO34/34The Twin Dawn - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (34/34)
    AP: 58

The Twin Dawn - Page 2 Empty Re: The Twin Dawn

Post by Aelin Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:23 pm

The Twin Dawn - Page 2 AySc6is
    Aaron waited until the crier left before he turned to his companions. "Is it just me, or do you guys not like that look the crier gave us. It just felt off..." Aaron complained a bit. The whole thing felt a bit off honestly. The crier didn't seem at all impressed with them, and then there was the fact that Naeris mentioned that they should pretend that they didn't know Petra. If it weren't for the fact they were in their employers house, who happened to have a picture of a young freckled red head, he would ask more questions about it. He couldn't help but stare at the picture for a while before glancing back at Naeris, wondering what the other man knew.

It wasn't too long before they found themselves in the company of another. A somewhat rotund man with blonde hair that was turning grey entered the room and surveyed the group. He had a disapproving look on his face as he began to speak. "This won't do. This won't do at all. I thought I made it clear in my posting I wanted people capable of helping decorate, not a bunch of brutes. Is this really what you guild things of as appropriate for the Duke and Duchess of Crevale? I know you guild has members more suited to this, they should have sent them instead." The Duke complained as he turned away from the group.

Aaron was rather annoyed by this attitude but tried not to show it as he spoke up. "With all do respect sir, I believe we are more than capable of completing your tasks if you just let us." Aaron responded, only to get scoffed at in return. The Duke glanced back at them with a bit of a wry smile on his face. "I suggest if you want to keep this job then you contact your guild and ask them to send more appropriate members. Tell them to send my daughter, Petra, and maybe I will honor our contract." He stated his intentions very clearly.

The Twin Dawn - Page 2 DtzoxWD
    Silvia began to fidget under the table when Arkus mentioned a place to stay. "Well... actually Master Cassandra did tell me about rooms I could choose from but she said I would have to talk to one of the more experienced members. She pointed a few out but they all seemed busy and I didn't want to disturb them, so I thought I would wait until it was less busy or something." Silvia nervously explained to Arkus realizing how childish she sounded by it all.

The Twin Dawn - Page 2 VMrvJu4
    Cassandra watched as Circe stomped up to her, and gave the girl a smile anyhow. "He left a little while ago for a mission, sorry Circe. Why, do you need someone to go on a mission with? I could help gather a group if you would like." Cassandra knew that it was a little more than that, Circe tended to stick close to Tal most of the time when she could, but she pretended that she didn't know that, instead trying to subtly work on making her less clingy to Tal but helping her do things with other people when she could.
    O.KnightofTwilight
    O.KnightofTwilight

Character Sheets
    HP:
    The Twin Dawn - Page 2 8cSzOsm140/140The Twin Dawn - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (140/140)
    MP:
    The Twin Dawn - Page 2 GiHlPdO50/50The Twin Dawn - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (50/50)
    AP: 22

Post by O.KnightofTwilight Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:01 pm

The Twin Dawn - Page 2 Af6XGF5

No sooner had they arrived in Kovich than another earthquake struck. Tal did his best to keep his balance as the ground trembled beneath his feet. Thankfully it didn't last too long, but it was easy to see the damage that constant exposure to this event had done to the town and its people. Well, there's definitely earthquakes. Tal muttered tartly before turning to his companions. I suppose we should ask around about where to find the mines.

The Twin Dawn - Page 2 FlSmctW

Circe bit her lip and tried not to look too annoyed. Getting on the guild leader's bad side wasn't high on her list of priorities, but she wasn't fond of the idea of gallivanting off with random losers either. So she tried to put on her best polite smile, (which still was rather obviously displeased) and tried to push for information. "That's not really necessary, if you could just tell me where they went, I'll just-"

"Oh no you won't." Circe whipped her head in the direction of the voice to see that the one who had cut her off was none other than Neo, her sister. Because of-flipping-course it was. She glared at the older girls approach, ready to bite out something sharp. However, Neo beat her to the punch. "I'm sorry Cassandra, could you excuse us for just a second?" She held up a finger with one hand as she grabbed her sisters wrist with the other and began to pull her away.

"No, but- wait!" Circe struggled fruitlessly against the other red-heads grip as Neo pulled her off to whatever hellscape she had in mind.

The Twin Dawn - Page 2 OsPTMqU

Oh boy. Neo sighed exasperatedly as Circe made several choice remarks about just what she would do to her sister when they finally stopped over in a relatively empty corner. She did not want to deal with this. That didn't mean she was going to tolerate it for a second longer, though. "What do you think you're doing?" Neo asked expectantly as she let go of Circe and crossed her arms.
    "What do you think I'm doing?" The girl glared as she rubbed her now sore wrist. "I'm going after Tal."
    "Tal, whose already left to go do a job. He doesn't need you to go chasing after him all the time, and this guild doesn't need a member who can't be bothered to put in any work."

"What's that supposed to mean!?" Circe barked indignantly. I've done plenty of work for this guild!

"Never without Tal around, though. Honestly, it's absolutely ridiculous that you've come all this way to join this organization when you don't even care about other people, or money, or even the Glory!"

"Oh don't act all high and mighty!" Her sister scoffed incredulously. "You came here for the same reason I did!" Neo's scowl tightened in response.

"I-" She began as she pointed to herself. "-Am here to support my friend, and I'm more than happy to do that by aiding others. You-" She pushed her finger to Circe as she continued. "-Are here to stalk and harass your crush. Anything else is an inconvenience to you. Do you have no pride or self-respect? Do you even know what that looks like to the others?"

"What does that matter?"Her younger sister glared in response with fist clenched tight. Neo could only sigh as she lifted a hand to her temple. Her sister was impossible. "I've chosen a job." She said icily. "And I'm taking you with me." She pointed back over in the direction of the bar. "We are going to go back over there, and you are going to accept the guild leader's generous offer to put a group together for you. Am I clear?" Circe did not look anywhere near remotely happy, but she did not argue. So the two turned to the bar and slowly walked back towards Cassandra.

"I would very much appreciate it-" She started. "If you could find some cret-" Neo elbowed her in the ribs, causing her to hiss. Warning received, Circe finished her sentence more tactfully, albeit haltingly. "-If you could put together a party for me."
    Vladek515
    Vladek515

Character Sheets
    HP:
    The Twin Dawn - Page 2 8cSzOsm120/120The Twin Dawn - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (120/120)
    MP:
    AP: 30

Post by Vladek515 Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:13 pm

Naeris nodded in agreement to Vander, the notice did mention guarding after all."It isn't just you, Aaron." Naeris assured him, before he could continue the Duke arrived. And that's when it all went down hill, Naeris' plan of honouring Petra's wish was immediately eviscerated as the Duke outright requested her presence, he looked to Vander for a moment, before turning his attention to the Duke. "While not unusual to request specific people, the posting mentioned no such things." Naeris said producing the slip of paper. "Sure we definitely are more suited to security part of the job, which with important individuals like the esteemed Duke and Duchess of Crevale would be of the utmost important. We wouldn't want a diplomatic incident with the Balsozians as no one stands to gain from that aside from maybe the Empire. Personally I have seen my fair share of decorations in my travels to have a grasp of how to go about it." Naeris said looking at the Duke, he deliberately didn't broach the subject of Petra wanting to keep her away from here, he wasn't quite sure how much the Duke knew about the guild and her wherabouts or his part in his daughter's life and he didn't want to tell him things he didn't know yet. Though if this was anything to go by he might have to break the promise he made her, though through no fault of his own. Worst came to worst he'd get out of here and let the Duke deal with his own little problem whatever it was.

Last edited by Vladek515 on Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    CrownMoksha
    CrownMoksha

Character Sheets
    HP:
    The Twin Dawn - Page 2 8cSzOsm100/100The Twin Dawn - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (100/100)
    MP:
    The Twin Dawn - Page 2 GiHlPdO54/54The Twin Dawn - Page 2 VWrOwVv  (54/54)
    AP: 34

Post by CrownMoksha Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:08 am

"Definitely not just you."Vander added right as they were greeted by another person with this time both a disapproving look and words for them. Vander held his tongue as they were berated and the man himself demanded that they got get Petra. "It is as my comrades have stated, with us on guard for the Duke and Duchess of Crevale that there would be little to worry about regarding their safety. There are definitely more 'brutish' members of our guild that could've taken this mission instead, ones that the delicate means to be able to prepare decorations for our esteemed guests." His mind flashed through a couple of individuals that fit the mark.

It did, admittedly, sound a little childish but who was he to judge. "That makes sense, they would know the place better." Arkus reclined a bit in his seat, arms folded as he was in thought. A few moments passed with him sitting like that before he sat back up having reached an answer to what it was he was thinking on. "Tell you what, you point out one of the guildmates Cassandra told you about and I'll get their get attention so that they can help you." Sure he could've left this to her own devices, but she wouldn't get anywhere if she was always waiting for someone to not be busy.  
    Aelin
    Aelin

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by Aelin Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:59 pm

The reply didn't seem to please the Duke. Aaron backed off a bit not knowing how to actually deal with this situation. He figured he would leave it to the more experienced guild members since this was a matter of contracts. "I did not want to force my daughter here. I was hoping she would choose to come home on her own. But if she does not come, then there will be a diplomatic incident. So I am asking you nicely, bring my daughter here." Well the Duke didn't seem to be asking or being nice about it, it was more a demand. He seemed more frustrated than anything else. And there was a dark look in the Duke's eye. Aaron feared that the Duke might be planning something more than he let on. "I mean it wouldn't hurt to contact the guild, right?" Aaron suggested quietly, not knowing Petra's story at all.
    Silvia's face turned red at the suggestion Arkus made. "No, no, it is okay. I don't want to bother them right now. It is fine. I don't mind waiting." She tried to insist desperately. She didn't want to bug anyone and she really didn't want someone else to do it for her, that felt even worse.
    Cassandra just gave Circe a bit of a smile as Neo dragged her away. she generally let Neo handle things with Circe when possible since that just seemed like the easiest way to deal with things. Eventually the two came back and though reluctant, Circe asked her to make a party for her. Cassandra scanned the room seeming to be deep in thought as her eyes came to rest on Arkus and their newest member. Circe was brash and hard to deal with, and Silvia seemed shy. It they might have trouble getting along, but Silvia did need to learn how to toughen up a bit, and needed to chill out a bit. Perhaps they could balance each other out a bit. "How about going with Arkus, and our newest member Silvia. She has healing based magic, so she won't step on your toes, and perhaps you can show her the ropes a bit." Cassandra suggested before looking over to Neo and whispering. "And if you don't mind going along it might be good to make sure to keep them in line."
    Vladek515
    Vladek515

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by Vladek515 Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:54 pm

Vander added his voice to their argument and he could definitely think of some more brutish people, Ulrich could fit the bill he sure looked the part but Naeris barely knew the man. It didn't matter though as the Duke insisted they bring his daughter here otherwise there would be a diplomatic incident. Naeris narrowed his eyes, looking at the Duke as he started to put two and two together. "It sounds like you made an agreement you had no way of honouring." Naeris said, the only reason he could think of there being a diplomatic incident without Petra was if the Duke had promised her hand in marriage. She hadn't been home in sixteen years so her father had no way of really upholding his end of the bargain. He shook his head at Aaron's suggestion. "Normally contacting the Guild would be useful, but I know she has no intention of coming, she didn't run away from here sixteen years ago for nothing." It wasn't necessarily his place to tell the story and he was even less inclined to inform him in front of the duke. He looked at the painting again seeing Petra in his mind's eye as she was brought in the orphanage. He looked back to the Duke. "If you wanted her here you should have sent a letter, but I will not sell her out and bring her here against her will." Naeris locked eyes with the Duke, he left some things unsaid like askin how he could expect her to just come back after sixteen years. The only reason he would contact the guild would be to confer with Cassandra if this turned complicated.

It turned out Silvia would not be joining them. It was a shame but he would be fine without the healer. The journey to Kovich was a bit taxing on him but he refused to ask for a breather. When they finally arrived in the town it tore at his heart. The town looked miserable, it was a significant change from his hometown of Leines. The quicker they resolved this issue the better it was for these people. As they looked around another earthquake hit the wooden framing the people were putting up collapsed again. "You are right, let's get to it." Ulrich said as he peeled away from the group and jogged over to the people that had been repairing one of the homes. The small quake had dislodged a beam and it had landed on one of the men. Ulrich helped dislodge the person and they seemed grateful for the help as the man was checked out by one of the others Ulrich turned to the others. "I am with a guild and my asociates and I are here to help with these earthquakes. Could you tell us what has been happening and direct us to someone in charge?" Ulrich asked them directly ignoring the looks at the stone arm.
    CrownMoksha
    CrownMoksha

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by CrownMoksha Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:36 pm

"And what diplomatic incident might that be?" It certainly wasn't his place to ask about something like, even with the few guesses that he had in mind. Naeris had made his stance clear, one that he supported regardless of how long or well he actually knew Petra.

"You sure? I'm sure there's at least one of them around that isn't doing anything right now." Arkus said and with a look around found that his main go-to senior member wasn't here. Damn, the one time he wanted Vander around for matters not related to sparring.
    O.KnightofTwilight
    O.KnightofTwilight

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by O.KnightofTwilight Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:08 am

Circe rolled her eyes at Cassandra's attempt to be discreet and looked away as Neo assured her that she had already planned on being their chaperone. She scanned the tables and spotted Arkus in the same spot as earlier, still talking to the same unknown girl. Well, not unknown any longer, since this was likely to be the "Silvia" healer that the guild master spoke of. Babysitting newbies wasn't really her specialty, but healers did have their uses. She supposed she could put up with it for at least a little while. Still, best to get the girl's identity confirmed before she went any further."Is that her talking to Arkus now?"
    Aelin
    Aelin

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by Aelin Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:52 pm

One of the towns folk looked at the guild members that approached them. "If you want someone to talk to then go talk to the guy in the office over there. He runs the mines so he may as well run the town." One of the villagers informed as he kind of waved them in the right direction then went back to work after the earthquake had disturbed the work that he had been doing much to his displeasure.  
    Well this was more than Aaron bargained for. He was here for a guard mission. To fight and protect, not for diplomatic stuff. He wasn't good at that type of stuff at all. He looked uncomfortable at Naeris' claims. He was missing information and didn't know what to do about it. "She did not run away. She went to live with her mothers parents. I was distraught when she never made it there, but was forced to not speak of it due to the issues it would have caused. Do you know how relieved I was to hear when she popped up at your guild. But perhaps if you knew how long she had been gone.... Guards!" The duke called out as several well armed guards marched into the room. "Arrest them." He ordered as the guards moved in to subdue the group.

Silvia shook her head. She didn't know why she was so nervous about this, but she was and didn't know what to do about it. "Um... no it is okay. Don't worry about it." She tried to insist once more.

"Yes, would you like me to introduce you, or do you want to do that yourself?" Cassandra asked since after all, she was the one who pointed Circe to them, she wasn't against going to help make sure they were all ready to go on the mission. Then again Circe was a bit hard headed and probably didn't want any more help.
    CrownMoksha
    CrownMoksha

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by CrownMoksha Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:06 pm

The situation quickly took a turn for the worst as the room was now flooded in with guards, all armed and ready to attack. Naturally Vander took up a defensive stance but refrained from making the first move. The purpose of them coming here had been to guard them, not start a fight with them. Something that was growing increasingly difficult the longer they stayed here. "What do we do now?"

"Well if you're certain about that." Even though she seemed pretty certain the last few times, the fact that he couldn't find Vander had given him a bit more reason to cease his 'helping' and sit back in his seat. "So is there anything I can help with?"
    Vladek515
    Vladek515

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by Vladek515 Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:55 pm

Naeris listened to the Duke and he could feel his blood boil, it was a bald faced lie they were being told. "You know as well as I do that that wasn't what happened you just can't look yourself in the eyes and admit that." Naeris bit back, Petra had ran from her father and now the Duke intended to arrest them, Naeris thought it was cause he knew too much. Naeris almost instinctively grabbed his Revenant Blade and would set into the guards, there were nine of them in total. "Arrest on what charges?" Naeris demanded of the Duke. He took up his defensive stance. "I'm not sure..." Naeris said, there were nine guards in total and while he could rely on his partners to defend themselves, this would cause a mess for the guild, fighting didn't seem like a good idea in that light. He lowered his weapon. "Stand down..." Naeris said as he put his weapon back into it's sheath. He turned to the Duke. "I request to be allowed to contract the Guild." Naeris said his tone betraying the disgust he felt with the Duke, he would have to confer with Cassandra to sort this all out. It was spinning out of his control and he hated it. He still wasn't going to ask for Petra to be brought here, there was no way he would.

Ulrich nodded to the villager that had given him the information. "Thank you, we hope to resolve this for you." Ulrich said, the villager didn't seem too happy but Ulrich could understand it. He walked back to the others. "They mentioned we're supposed to go meet the man that runs the mines over there." Ulrich said as he gestured to the same building the man had told him about. Ulrich headed to the building, it was one of the few still standing and seemed sturdy enough and headed inside with the intent of finding the man he was being directed to, in a way it felt like some of the investigations he had assisted in as a guard and it felt pleasantly familiar to him.
    O.KnightofTwilight
    O.KnightofTwilight

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by O.KnightofTwilight Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:10 pm

Circe thought long and hard about the answer she should give to the guild master. On the one hand, she didn't really think she needed any more help getting this mission underway. Though, on the other, Neo was right there. Her older sister would be chaperoning this mission, and she was not likely to appreciate Circe's... brusque... manner of doing things. The girl wanted to roll her eyes at the thought of the trouble that would inevitably come on this mission, but she restrained herself. This much she could spare herself with little enough effort. So she did.
    "...Yes, please introduce me. It... would probably be for the best.
    Aelin
    Aelin

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by Aelin Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:30 pm

Before Silvia could even answer Arkus, Cassandra approached the table, Circe in tow. "Sorry for interrupting your conversation. I was thinking Silvia could see what we do here, go on a mission? It so happens that Circe needs a group to go do a mission with and  healer would be nice to have." Cassandra explained, looking behind her at Circe to see if the girl had anything else to add.

Silvia looked a little unsure with what the guild master was asking of her, but at the same time she felt like she couldn't say no to the guild master. "O-okay, I can do that." Silvia agreed as she looked back to the other girl, giving her a weak smile.

Aaron would listen to instructions but he was by no way happy about it. If he had it his way he would fight his way out of it. He looked wary as he looked at Naeris, questioning the choice he made just after he had demanded answers. Still if he acted out now he would get everyone in trouble, and he couldn't afford that. Aaron just sat back to allow himself to be taken away as the Duke sneered at them.

"I have never stated how long my daughter was missing for. If you know then you must have had something to do with. And rest assured that your guild will be contacted. The duke put emphasis on the point that she had been missing and not run away like Naeris claimed.  With that he waved his hand and the guards forcefully dragged the group to the dungeons, even if they went willingly.
    CrownMoksha
    CrownMoksha

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by CrownMoksha Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:06 pm

Vander sheathed his own weapon and offered no resistance as they were taken to the dungeons. It wasn't the most preferred outcome, but if it kept this from spiraling even further out of control then it would just have to be something that they put up with for now. More importantly the discrepancies between what the count claims happened to Petra and what Naeris himself said where more so what he holding the most attention. Naturally he trusted Naeris more than the count himself. "I may not doubt you, but do you think that there's something the count isn't aware of regarding Petra's disappearance? He'd put on his own emphasis on the word, enough to convey the doubts he held towards the count.

"Oh, hey Circe." Arkus said as a simple additional greeting to the wave he had given the guildmaster when she had approached them. He hadn't thought either of them would've just happened to approach them, but the guildmaster's reasons for doing so did serve as an explanation. "Well then, what's the mission?"
    Vladek515
    Vladek515

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by Vladek515 Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:32 pm

Aaron wasn't happy with how he had called the situation and neither was Naeris, this should have been avoided. The duke had played him like a fiddle. Naeris hated himself for it, he had promised Petra so much better and she deserved it, now he had dragged both Vander and Aaron into this mess. This wasn't a time for self-pity the duke had decided that Naeris had something to do with Petra's disappearance sixteen years ago. When they were finally locked up in the dungeons Vander asked him something, Naeris was a little lost in thought thinking of how to get out of the mess he had created. He thought for a moment, before looking to Vander. "He won't admit it to anyone but his daughter ran away, she didn't go missing or disappear as he likes to spin it." Naeris said bitterly. "That painting in his office, she looked a bit older than that the day she was brought in to the orphanage in Carbadelo, but that's where I met her first, I have known her for almost sixteen years at this point." He was the only one who had known her for that long could he perhaps negotiate for Vander and Aaron to be released? The Duke mentioned he was going to contact the Guild, no doubt spinning even more tales making it even more difficult for him. Naeris thought back to the day the little girl had been brought in. Cas and himself had welcomed her and the three of them had become good friends, he didn't look forward to returning to the Guild and having to admit how much he had fucked it all up.
    O.KnightofTwilight
    O.KnightofTwilight

Character Sheets
    HP:
    MP:

Post by O.KnightofTwilight Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:44 pm

The Twin Dawn - Page 2 OsPTMqU

"It's fairly simple." Neo said stepping forward. As the one who actually picked out the posting, she filled the three newer members in. "In the Diocese of Vigran, a city called Thirabemur is holding a tournament."Circe noticeably perked up with interest. "We're setting out to get you all entered." She finished, ignoring the growing look of suspicion her sister was giving her.

The Twin Dawn - Page 2 Af6XGF5

Tal nodded and silently followed after Ulrich. Pondering the earthquakes a bit more, he took a look around the building to see if he could spot the man they were looking for.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:37 am